Active in and around Blumberg
Blumberg is located directly at the Swiss border, between Black Forest and Lake Constance. This officially recognized resort in the Southern Black Forest Nature Park offers its guests a breathtaking scenery and numerous leisure activities.
Blumberg is not only famous for its "Sauschwaenzlebahn" (pigtail train) but also a competent partner for all who enjoy nature and nostalgia - and for all who love "action", which means: hiking, power walking, heritage train, mountain biking...
After a joyful journey through times with the historic Sauschwaenzlebahn, you may take a long walk with your family through the wild romantic Wutach gorge with its breathtaking rock formations. For all who love sports, there are tours through the new Nordic walking arena. In the middle of the forest, the "Blaue Stein" (blue stone) harbours its secrets. It's up to you:
- Today, a walk in the Black Forest,
- tomorrow sailing on Lake Constance and
- the day after a visit to a theme park with your children.
And everything just a stone's throw away.
You have many options - from family holidays to active hiking weeks or enjoying days at a spa.
Blumberg offers numerous leisure activities and is conveniently located not far from the well-known tourist sites in southwestern Germany.
- Whether you want to stroll through mediaeval Freiburg
- or visit the impressive Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen...
- whether you want to climb the Feldberg
- or enjoy art in the Zurich theatre...
- you can visit the great Princely Fürstenberg Palace in Donaueschingen or the source of the Danube river...
Everything is just around the corner... Blumberg is your ideal starting point.
You can spend your days in Blumberg at a comfortable hotel or cosy bed & breakfast, in a Baden guesthouse or a holiday flat - recreation and great experiences are our utmost priority.
Further information to other destinations: